Do You Need a Smile Makeover?
Smile makeovers, another word for a cosmetic treatment, give people with an unhappy smile something to beam about! Improving your smile might be just what you need to keep your spirits up, give yourself a great confidence boost, and make the first impression you desire when you meet new friends, potential partners, and employers. Smile makeovers aren’t just good-looking; they also have the ability to improve your dental health! Studies have shown that having aligned teeth can reduce the chances of getting tooth decay, along with other diseases such as gingivitis, cavities, and periodontal disease.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a cosmetic treatment that’s custom-made for you. When you take part in a smile makeover, you and your cosmetic dentist will work together to correct any issues that you have with your teeth and gums, and then apply the most appropriate treatments to give you a smile you desire. A smile makeover can correct issues such as:
Discolored or stained teeth
Cracked or crooked teeth
Space gaps in between teeth
Protruding, large gums
Uneven teeth sizes/textures
Cosmetic Treatments for Smile Makeovers
Smile makeovers take into account your personal achievements and goals when it comes to your smile, as well as your budget. For your dentist, they’ll recommend the best course of action regarding the state of your smile, your medical history, and what you can afford to give you a smile you want. Some cosmetic treatments that your dentist can perform include treatments such as:
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers are thin shells that cover the front of your teeth, and are permanently affixed to your teeth with dental cement. Your dentist during a veneer procedure will remove parts of the enamel from your tooth to affix the shell in place. Veneers are an excellent choice for teeth with deep stains, chips, and cracks.
- Dental Bonding – Bonding works to sculpt the missing parts of your teeth, giving your teeth a new life. By using a tooth-colored composite resin, your dentist will reshape the broken cracks, chips, and spaces in between your teeth and make them look brand new.
- Dental Implants – Implants replace a decaying or severely broken tooth with a brand new tooth. Implants are surgically placed within the gums of your mouth and are held in by anchors and bridges to replace the tooth completely.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening procedures done at home don’t have the effectiveness as professional whitening treatments do, and thus can be used as a cosmetic procedure to remove all discoloration from your smile to give you bright, shiny pearls.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is the newest technology out there, giving those with crooked teeth a better, less permanent way of aligning their teeth. Invisalign is removable, allowing you to clean your teeth and eat food with ease easily.
By investing in a smile makeover, you’ll be able to have a brighter, happier smile that you’ll enjoy seeing. If you have any questions regarding smile makeovers, and what cosmetic treatments are available for you, you can contact the Alvarado Family Dental Center, owned by Dr. Alireza Movassaghi and located in Los Angeles, CA, to schedule a dental appointment today.