Am I Candidate For Veneers
If you find yourself dissatisfied with the smile that greets you when you look in the mirror you may be looking for a way to correct the dental issues you see there. Maybe you have discolored teeth that no amount of scrubbing seems to fix, perhaps your teeth are mildly misaligned, or even have chips or cracks that are prominently visible. None of these conditions may seem very severe, but when taken together they can create a smile you’re ashamed to share. Porcelain veneers can be the perfect solution to these and other minor dental concerns, read on to learn more!
Are Porcelain Veneers Your Cosmetic Dentistry Solution
If you have cosmetic concerns that keep you from being proud of your smile there’s a solution available that can correct them all at once. While they are only appropriate for minor aesthetic issues with your teeth, porcelain veneers can give you an incredible white smile that will leave you grinning with self-confidence. If you’re wondering if veneers can be the right solution for you, consider the following checklist:
- Teeth That Are Deeply Stained – If you enjoy your coffee, like to smoke, drink tea or wine, or just enjoy deeply colored food you may find that your teeth become stained. If the stain is so deep that whitening agents can’t fix it, porcelain veneers can!
- Imperfections – If you have issues like minor chips, cracks, or misshapen teeth, or ones that aren’t properly aligned, veneers can cover it up without major surgery.
- Multiple Cosmetic Issues – If you have a variety of minor issues coexisting, such as chipped teeth, that overlap, and are discolored all at the same time porcelain veneers can correct it.
- Good Oral Health – Those who can benefit from porcelain veneers have to have oral health that is otherwise in good shape.
- Sufficient Enamel – Porcelain veneers require that a small layer of enamel get removed from your teeth so that the veneers can be placed. If you have thin enamel you won’t be able to benefit from this treatment.
- Teeth Out Of Alignment – Mildly misaligned teeth are able to be corrected with veneers, and has the added benefit of improved your oral health care routine’s effectiveness by eliminating places plaque can hide.
- No Teeth Grinding – If you suffer from bruxism you won’t be able to benefit from veneers as nightly teeth grinding will damage them.
If you meet all of these conditions and want to look into veneers it’s time to contact a dentist and get a consultation. They can properly assess the health of your teeth and determine if you can benefit from correction using porcelain veneers.
It’s important to select a dentist that has a history of excellent cosmetic dentistry practice, and one such doctor can be found in the Los Angeles, CA area. Dr. Alireza Movassaghi has been helping patients restore a smile they’re proud of at their Alvarado Family Dental Center office. Call for an appointment today and start down the road to a great restored smile.